• 9374 Olive Blvd
  • St. Louis, MO 63132
  • phone: 314.432.7020
  • fax: 314.432.6131
  • Contact Us

Biehle

St. Maurus Church

In the 1850s, a log church was built on land donated by Maurus Biehle, and staffed by C. M. fathers. In May, 1869, a new stone church was dedicated for the German Catholic parish, and in January, 1870, Father Joseph Hellwing became the first full time priest. Later addition to the stone church under Father A. M. H. Acker. Still later Father Denner added the fresco, and later yet steam heat was added. In 1925, a tornado took the roof off, and destroyed the windows and temple. When the church was repaired, the old steeple was replaced by a new cupola shaped spire. P.O.: 1867-1957.

*Beautiful stonework and gargoyles. The interior walls are painted plaster.

Back to Top